As a Society, we are committed to providing a service that is accessible to everyone, at the same level and on equal terms. Our website is designed to maximise ease of use by everyone, including people with disabilities. This page sets out our intention that our website is usable and accessible to all users and details some of the measures taken.
The site will detect and respond to any mobile device or tablet, resizing images and layout to fit correctly.
The text size is set in a way that makes it resizable in any browser, should you find it too small to read comfortably. Most internet browsers include a feature that gives you the ability to change the size of the text on the screen. Our site has been designed to work with these features. You can often change the text size by holding Ctrl on your keyboard and rolling the wheel on your mouse. For other methods, see below:
- Internet Explorer: select View > Text size or hold Ctrl and use the +/- keys or roll your mouse wheel if you have one
- Microsoft Edge: select the ... icon and, in the menu that pops up, use the +/- buttons next to the Zoom option
- Mozilla Firefox: select View > Text size or hold Ctrl and use the +/- keys or roll your mouse wheel if you have one
- Google Chrome: select the icon and, in the menu that pops up, use the +/- buttons next to the Zoom option
- Opera: select View > Zoom or hold Ctrl and use the +/- keys or roll your mouse wheel if you have one
Safari: select View > Make text bigger or hold Ctrl and use the +/- keys or roll your mouse wheel if you have one
You can use your web browser options to choose your own colours. Depending on which web browser you are using, this can be done in the following ways:
- Internet Explorer: select Tools > Internet Options > General > Colors
- Mozilla Firefox: select Tools > Options > Content > Colors
- Opera: select Tools > Preferences > Fonts and Page Style
Safari: select Safari > Preferences > Appearance
All text links, where possible are written so that they make sense when read out of context.
We are committed to using plain English throughout our website and to making our content as readable by as many people as possible.
The above commitments only apply to our website, and not to websites that are linked from our pages.
Customer feedback is important to us. If you discover a part of our web site that has been difficult to use, please let us know via email@example.com