The Charles Close Society is assembling a collection of digital images of Ordnance Survey maps and related publications which survive in tiny numbers, and which may thus be at risk of extinction. The images are held in the Map Department, Cambridge University Library, at reference CCSA 218A and 218B. Arrangements for access are posted on the Archive page. Second copies of many of those from number 16 onwards may also be viewed by arrangement in the Map Library, National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh.
These maps have been divided up by scale and can be seen here:
- See Rare Six Inch Maps (1:10,560)
- See Rare Two and a half Inch Maps (1:25,440 and 1:25,000)
- See Rare One Inch Maps (1:63,360)
- See Rare Half Inch Maps (1:126,720)
- See Rare Quarter Inch Maps (1:253,440 and 1:250,000)
- See Rare Ten Mile to the Inch Maps (1:625,000 and 1:633,600)
- See Rare Other Maps
See also our collection of Specimen Maps online that compliment these.